So, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing on their reading... what biographies are you reading? Anything interesting or life-changing popping out at you? How about from the Word. I am reading Through The Gates of Splendor - the Jim Elliot story - its amazing! That man's faith was incredible. Something Jim Elliot says in the very beginning of Chapter 1 I love!
"All the thrill of boyhood dreams came on me just now outside, watching the sky die in the sea on every side. I wanted to sail when I was in grammar school, and well remember memorizing the names of the sails from the Merriam-Webster's ponderous dictionary in the library. Now I am actually at sea - as a passenger, of course, but at sea nevertheless - and bound for Ecuador. Strange - or is it? - that childish hopes should be answered in the will of God for this now?"
I have had these moments a couple times and its really refreshing to know that God does know our hearts, even the smallest childhood dreams and hopes we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet, I might have to read this one next. I'm reading Peace Child and I'm half-way through and it is amazing. The sacrifices he made for his family are insipiring and challenging!
I am so excited for all of you. It was fun looking at the team and seeing some of the familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones as well. You all are going to be so blessed. Rose, I love what Jim Elliot says and that is one of the greatest things about being a Christian is getting to live out our dreams by serving Christ. It truly is an awesome ADVENTURE!!! Lanita
Post a Comment