Friday, July 20, 2007

Another Perspective

Several random thoughts….
First of all, I second Nicole. These feeding centers have been more than a blessing to us so far, and from what everyone here tells us, I think we really have no idea how much we are having an impact on the people.
This morning I sat down by the water where we have breakfast every morning and had my quiet time. It’s so beautiful. I didn’t have a conversation, but I was greeted by a man that Nate has talked to several times. He is Muslim and has several wives. He is a business man and well-off, intelligent and probably quite powerful in whatever area of expertise he has. I can only imagine what he was thinking seeing me, a woman, in my pants and sweatshirt reading my Bible intently and praying. It hit me, a gentle reminder, of how big God is… hard to explain that one. But my goodness His love stretches wide and long and high and deep. He can turn the hearts of anyone. I love that.
The pastors of the churches we have met are so passionate about the Lord. They have incredible stories and perseverance. It is not hard to see Jesus in them without even talking to them. I hope people see me that way.
I love that God is so big that we can come here and serve and be passionate about the people of Kenya, be fully engaged here, and yet have God tell us things about our own lives, character and hearts. We leave behind, in some ways, another life, to come here – but God doesn’t forget where we come from or what we are facing and He is fully engaged in all the affairs of my life.
Those are reasons to praise!!

No comments: