Thursday, July 12, 2007

He Gives and Takes Away

There is a song that says "Blessed be the name of the Lord" and it says "He gives and takes away, my heart will choose to say, Blessed be Your name." I have always thought of the part about giving and taking to mean that He gives us good things and can surely take them when he wants. And that we just need to trust Him. And sure, its true and the song is partially talking about this very thing. But lately I have been reminded of another way that God takes away. In our case, for example, He has given us the finances we need, the support we need, the passports we need :), the team we need, and on and on. And He has taken away (or is in the process of) our fear, anxiety, worries, etc. God takes these things from us as we trust Him. I am soooo excited to see what is in store for this team. I can't believe we leave in 3 days!! We're coming, Tina!! We'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Angela said...

on my last missions trip God giving and taking away was a huge theme. So awesome that you posted this and this view of it! yay i can't believe its here