Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 1

Today we spent most of the day rejuvinating from jet-lag and our travels here. However, tonight we did go to bible study at Crossroads, the church we are working with here. The women were together studying Phil.3 while the men were outside studying.... something else?? I guess they'll have to post about that. In any case, our bible study was great. What fun to be with women from different parts of the world. Our teacher was a woman from Zimbabwae. It was also neat studying that passage because it includes are verses for camp - the focus of the camp we will run in a few weeks.
We have been having a great time so far - lots of laughs with one another. And today we were worshipping outside under a patio and it started to rain - it was a pretty neat moment. It was beautiful being where we were and doing what we were doing. Also, today I looked down from my window and saw 4 of our guys sitting at the same table, not speaking to each other, but digging into God's word. Pretty cool sight. Can't wait to see what else God has in store for us.
Tomorrow we will visit a feeding center where we will play with the kids and feed them and then go into the community where they live and interact with their families while they are in school. Should be amazing! More later!

1 comment:

A. Karen said...

Tina,

My name is Karen and I work with your Uncle Dave at the Real Estate Office.
I have begun reading your blog and I will continue to pray for you and the team.
Please do not get discouraged....you be willing and obedient and God will do the rest..
In My Prayers,
Karen