Monday, July 16, 2007
They're here!!
13…14…15 tired but smiling faces arrived in Nairobi this morning! Safe and sound and in one piece- the Huruma team is in KENYA!!! Although there was a two hour delay in London, the team arrived with all their bags and we were all able to make our connecting flight down to Mombasa this afternoon. We dropped off our bags at the flats where we will call home for the next three weeks and then went into town for supplies and groceries. At dinner, half the team nearly fell asleep at the table but with the ten hour time difference that’s to be expected. It’s 8pm right now and I’m the only one awake! But tomorrow I’m taking everyone into town to an internet café so they can write home. I’m sure the team will have exciting stories of their first impressions of Africa. It’s really fun for me to see Kenya through their eyes- things I take for granted because I see on a daily basis are completely dazzling to them! Thank you for your prayers for safety while we traveled. Praise the Lord and here we go…!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! all people and bags accounted for. Sounds like a successful trip. Praying for you all...mel.
Post a Comment