Well, after several disheartening letters, I am overjoyed to share the final chapter of the Crossroads burglary story. As you know, the church was robbed last week and all the sound equipment was stolen. Because of this, they had to rent equipment from a local DJ for the Sunday service. The DJ, Tony, is a close friend of several families within the church and he gave a significant discount on renting the equipment and running the sound board. Sunday came and the message was on having faith during harsh times. After the message, there was an alter call… and Tony went forward, tears streaming down his face, as he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior!!! God definitely works in inexplicable ways. Satan thought he had won but God definitely had bigger plans.
One of the songs we sang last week was Blessed Be the Name of the Lord. It’s a song I’ve sung many times in many different churches but this past week God really spoke to me as I was singing the words:
Blessed be Your name, when the sun’s shining down on me,
When the world’s all as it should be.
Blessed be Your name.
And blessed be Your name, on the road marked with suffering,
Though there’s pain in the offering.
Blessed be Your name!
Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise. And when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say:
BLESSED BE YOUR NAME!!
It’s easy for us to simply sing pretty words to pretty songs but not really grasp what we’re saying. Do we bless His name during suffering? I must confess that far too often my reaction is to question God in frustration when things go wrong. But it’s so amazing to know that while He is teaching and growing me through trials, He is also changing lives and building His kingdom! Blessed be the name of my Lord!
Tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment